www.spaceishare.com and www.spaceishare.ca websites (the “Site”) and the
SpaceiShare mobile applications (the “App”) to take advantage of the space-sharing platform (the “Services”).
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Services. We collect your information in the ways described below:
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you give us when you create an account (“SpaceiShare Account”) to engage with the
Services we offer through our Site or App, fill out forms, advertise a space offered for rent (“Space Listing”), communicate with us on our Services,
submit a review, enter a contest or promotion, and participate in surveys. The types of personal information we may collect may depend on whether you are a
host, renter, or business customer, and include: your full legal name, personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal
cellphone number, your image, and may include your age, and other information you provide us.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We obtain information from third party sources. For example, we may collect information from identity
verification services to help us with fraud prevention and/or update our records.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us. When you visit our Services, we automatically collect certain information including:
- Transactional Information: When you make or accept a reservation to host or rent a Space Listing, we collect information about the transaction, including credit card information, price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect to administer your SpaceiShare Account and Space Listings. We may also information we collect to:
- Provide services and to manage our business operations;
- Facilitate interactions between users who offer a space for rent (“Space”) or wish to rent a Space;
- Communicate with you about our Services, provide information that we think will interest you, notify you regarding customer service issues or planned service interruptions, and respond to your inquiries;
- Authenticate you when you register for and sign into our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents, loss and fraud;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Monitor and analyze our business operations and website performance;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
How We Share Your Information
- When you reserve a Space, we share limited personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number and postal address, with the host (or business customer, if applicable) to facilitate the reservation.
- We share information with our current and future affiliates.
- We share personal information with third-party vendors and service providers that need access to personal information in order to perform services on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with payment processing, web hosting, customer service, identity authentication, fraud prevention, cloud service providers, and other IT service providers. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide our services to you.
- If you post content in a public area of our Services, for example by posting a review, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of SpaceiShare, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
How We Use and Share De-identified and/or Aggregated Information
Personal information and other information may be de-identified and/or aggregated in a way to remove the personally identifying components. De-identified and/or
aggregated information is not and will not be treated as personal information and may be used by us and shared with third parties to provide insights into
developing or improving products or services, marketing, investment research or for any other legally permissible purposes.
- Account Information
- We initiate debits or credits to your credit card in accordance with the terms of a separate rental agreement between Hosts and Renters for a specific Space (“Space Rental Agreement”) through your account.
- You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your SpaceiShare Account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to delete your account, you may do so in your account settings. If you do not re-activate your account within 3 months, we will permanently delete your account. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
- Communication Preferences
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from SpaceiShare by following the instructions in those communications or by managing your communication preferences in your SpaceiShare Account. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Advertising and Analytics
web beacons, device identifiers, and other technologies to collect information about your use of our Services and other websites and applications, including
your IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in mobile apps, links clicked, and conversion information. This
information may be used by SpaceiShare and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver
advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites, and better understand your online activity.
For example, we use IP addresses to collect pages for your geographical location, we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how
visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what services are of interest to you, we use information
about those services you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing, and we track whether
certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences
about other services in which you might be interested.
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit
http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still
see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website. In addition, we will continue
to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our website unless you block cookies from our website. If you block cookies on our
website, certain functions, such as the Space booking service may not function properly because our website must recognize you as you move through the
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and
misuse. Although we take reasonable precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized
access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us if you do not accept
Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
- You may create links between our website and social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our products and services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
- If you are logged into a social networking site when visiting our page, your visit to our website may be personalized based on your social networking profile.
Browser Do Not Track
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain
information about your web page visits tracks and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit
If you are located in Canada, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data and this section applies to you.
If you have a SpaceiShare Account, you may modify your personal information in your account settings at any time. If you have questions or concerns about other
personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact us at
Your personal information may be used, processed or stored by us or our service providers and our corporate affiliates outside of Canada. We require that our
service providers safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used, processed, or stored outside of Canada, it may also be
subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact us at: email@example.com.